Thursday, January 26, 2012

Amitabh, Rajinikanth: Reunion after 28 yrs


They shared screen space 28 years ago in T Rama Rao's Andha Kanoon.
And now we hear that Amitabh Bachchan and Rajinikanth are gearing up to work together again, thanks to filmmaker Puri Jagannath. Mumbai Mirror has learnt that the director recently met Rajini in Chennai with a story idea. According to a friend of Jagannath, the superstar, who has been busy with his daughter Soundarya's film, has agreed to come on-board the project.
The source told us, "Rajinikanth was excited by the idea of coming together with Big B again. He feels Puri, is the right person to pull off this casting coup."
Puri, who has already worked with Big B in Buddah Hoga Tera Baap, confirmed the story and said, "Yes, I met Rajini Sir in Chennai. I've wanted to work with him for the longest time. So far I hadn't dared to approach him because I could not think of a role that would do him justice. It's been my life-long dream to direct Amitji and Rajini Sir."
On handling such a star cast, he added, "It's a challenge that I would like to take on. Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment