Thursday, February 2, 2012

When Elizabeth Olsen worried about her nude scenes


She maybe the younger sibling of stars Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen, but actress Elizabeth Olsen has started to make a niche of her own in recent years.
The young actress admitted that appearing in the nude in a new film 'Martha Marcy May Marlene' was quite worrying for her but that she finally decided that the scenes were important and an essential part of the story.
The 22-year-old Hollywood actress had to allegedly strip off several times in her latest film and admits that one of the main reasons for her initial reluctance was about being typecast in similar roles in the future. However, she soon accepted that the troubled role required the nudity. "This is only my second film. I thought that if other films required nudity that I didn't agree with, they could say, 'Well, you did it in that movie,'" she said.
"And here it felt important and honest to the story. One the biggest ways that someone can brainwash you, and it happened in the Manson family, is by taking your sexuality and your body, and letting it be everyone's to share. If you give that away to someone then you've lost total awareness of your body and your mind," Olsen added.
Talking about the film, she also revealed that she found her alter-ego Martha's life rather terrifying. "It's strange because when we were filming I felt so close to her, like we were one and the same. That she was so much of me, my thoughts and secrets. And then I saw the movie. I'm such a light person. That is so far away from who I am," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment